Author Topic: F-Class  (Read 787 times)

Vizsladad

• Expert
F-Class
« on: March 05, 2016, 09:06:17 AM »
INfo on F-Class, is a division or sub section of NRA High Power. In Maine there are 2 clubs that shoot F Class. Scarborough and Hampden. In F Class there are again sub sections just like in USPSA. Most common here in ME is the F Open, this is like bench rest but from the prone position and on the ground. The rifles are and can be just about anything, optics are full bore and top of the line. This class uses a front rest and rear bags for support.

The other class is F-TR, this is not tactical rifle as all think but the TR means target rifle, That being said the difference is you are limited to 223 and 308 calibers, front rest is from a bipod support and rear bags must be of the non supportive style, meaning squeeze bags, sand bags that do not allow the rifle to return to original position with input from the shooter.

Shooting is done on 2 different COF

1 Mid range prone and is shot at 300, 500, and 600 yards
2   3x600 is all at 600 and is 3 strings of 20 rounds at 600 yards

the clubs to sanctioned and anon sanctioned matches, another thinkg to keep in mind is most clubs do not allow the weight of the round to be less than 68 grain bullets once you go past 300, they prefer 75 and up. The other club rules are if you can not get on paper within 5 rounds you are done, they have a very strict policy on this. Scarborough has a housing development about 1000 yards behind the berm and any round out of the berm could be a problem. better short then long.

The targets are 1/2 MOA targets so at 600 the X ring is 3". and guys keep the scores in the high 570-590 range on a 600 point COF. Some even higher.

You will want to have a solid 100 or better yet 200 yard zero on your rifle.

You can find out more from the NRA Rule book, as you will be pulling targets too, which means you will be in the pits with rounds flying overhead, you pull the target down ad score each shot that is fired, place a spotter in the target and run it back up for the shooter to see.

Send me a PM and I can give you more info. Dave
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford

waynec

• Sharpshooter
Re: F-Class
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 02:05:50 PM »
Is there a schedule for these shoots?  Are there any practice times for Hampden?  Any Beginner or introductory shoots?

Vizsladad

• Expert
Re: F-Class
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »
Hi Wayne

The season is underway so the intro to these has passed. As far as practice you can check with Hampden and either Dave Dow or Dan Wiswell, I do believe they have a High Power pratice night.

If you have a good 200 yard zero on your scope we can get you on paper at the other distances of 300, 500 and 600 yards pretty easy. Most ranges have a rule that if you can not get on paper within 5 shots then you geet DQ unintl the next match where you can try again.

the next F class match in the state is the 2 day match in Scarborough on the 25/26 of June.

WHat caliber are you shooting as that will make a difference in your class and equipment needed.

PM me and i can fill you in more.

Dave S
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford