Author Topic: Smallbore League Starting  (Read 2686 times)

Jamiethesquid

• Administrator
  • High Master
  • A75759
Smallbore League Starting
« on: January 06, 2014, 03:50:03 PM »
Hello Gents, The Alden Gayton Smallbore League is starting their 2014 match Season

I am currently shooting at the Lincoln County Rifle Club, and there are teams in Auburn, Cumberland, and Poland that we shoot against on Thursday nights for the 9 weeks between 1/16 to 3/13.  With various registered matches and state shoots through out the season, in addition to our regular league.

The League shooting is 10 shots fired prone 50 feet indoors at an A-17 target (a nickle can cover the 10, 9, 8 ring of this target).  The rifles we use are Mostly Anschutz's and Winchester 52's, Beautiful rifles that have nearly no equal in rimfire accuracy, but there are also some Martini's and other Exotics that show up occasionally.  The A-17 target has 10 individual scoring targets around the perimeter that you fire one shot at each, and a center sighter target that you can shoot unlimited shots at.  We shoot 1 sheet of 10 targets from the prone position and then return in a second relay to shoot 2 sheets of 10 targets standing offhand.  Iron sights and Scopes of unlimited magnification are allowed. 

League fee for the Season is $20 which pays for the targets and coffee, soda and snacks, provided at each match.  This is great practice for those of you that are shooting highpower.  We usually practice on Tuesday and Shoot on Thursday.  If you know in advance that you may not make it to the next match, we have you shoot extra targets and leave them with the team to be counted toward the next weeks combined scores.  Really a laid back group of Men, Women, and Youths that are willing to help you learn if you are new, or hand out an ass whoopin' if you are a veteran shooter. 

Speaking for our Lincoln County team we have many great shooting rifles to lend that belong to the team and can even usually scare up a coat, sling and mitt for you.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested.  Even if it is after the season starts.  If you live closer to one of the other clubs, I can provide points of contact for them also.  Hope all are well.  Jamie
2015 will be my best year yet! Rocking the CZ!!!

Vizsladad

• Expert
Re: Smallbore League Starting
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »
Do you need to be a member of the club to join in and shoot these, or are they open to everyone?

Dave
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford

Jamiethesquid

• Administrator
  • High Master
  • A75759
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 07:50:57 AM »
No Club Membership required to shoot with Lincoln county. We were origionally a team from Bath. But we lost the range in the basement of the Huse school when they combined school districts and shut down the building. Most of us became members od LCRC but not all. You just would have to be with a member to practice there of course.  I am not sure what the other clubs require, But I can make some calls if needed.  Any Interest Dave?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:32:50 PM by Jamiethesquid »

Vizsladad

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:25 PM »
yes, but not 100% yet, need to confirm schedule should know after weekend, Would be shooting with my ar and a conversion kit, would that be a problem?
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford

Jamiethesquid

• Administrator
  • High Master
  • A75759
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 09:52:59 PM »
Do you think it is accurate enough?  Harry Davis shoots his BSA Martini and Pat Mc Donough shoots a 52. We can lend you a gun that you will take home for the season, or multiple seasons so you can set it up for you. There are a couple of iron sight shooters mostly juniors, with diopter sights. But the answer to your question would be yes. You could shoot any .22 I believe.

Vizsladad

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:09:46 PM »
need to figure the timing out, will let you know, thanks for all the info
Henry Ford

Jamiethesquid

• Administrator
  • High Master
  • A75759
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:58 PM »
My pleasure Dave.

Jamiethesquid

• Administrator
  • High Master
  • A75759
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 11:37:18 PM »
Also, about any sub-sonic .22 LR ammo works just fine. I shot $5 a box SK Standard Plus when it was readily available. Now I have been shooting Fed 711B Gold medal Match. Lots of CCI and Wolf also popular with the gang. I am sure someone has a brick or two they would sell to get you rolling.

ChrisN

• Master
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
Do you know who I can contact for the Poland club?  I'm interested.  Poland is close to me and I have a 1950s Marlin thats pretty accurate that probably can get me started.
ARMY!

Jamiethesquid

• Administrator
  • High Master
  • A75759
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 11:31:14 PM »
I can get you a contact. Problem is they have a team but not a club any more. Poland shoots all their matches at Auburn.

Northern Xtreme

• High Master
  • A-30022
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 04:08:36 AM »
I shot with them old boys at the old firehouse many years ago!

ChrisN

• Master
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 05:46:53 AM »
Thanks Jamie.  I go by the Auburn range twice a day.  Auburn or Poland team, doesn't matter. 
ARMY!

ChrisN

• Master
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 05:52:53 AM »
Found Auburn's info on Androscoggin Fish&Game sight

Auburn Rifle Club
When
Thu, January 2, 4:00pm 10:30pm
Where
ACF&GA Indoor Range (map)
Description
Alden M. Gayton Rifle League
Competitive 22 Rifle shooting ONLY
POC John Chandler 784-6084
ARMY!

Jamiethesquid

• Administrator
  • High Master
  • A75759
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
That's the ticket. Hope to shoot with ya.

Vizsladad

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 08:14:12 PM »
Jamie, Thanks for all the info, but my schedule won't allow to shoot the schedule you guys have. Maybe next year or when I retire from my Fire Dept.

Thanks again and see you soon

Dave
Henry Ford